Losing 50 pounds is not about improving my outer body, but it is about ending my unhealthy relationship with Junk Food.
This is a journey I must take. I Believe I CAN lose 50 after 50.
It is time for me to terminate my love affair with:
- Junk Food
- Unhealthy, sedentary behaviour
- Excessive anything and everything; and
- Ignoring my Condition
It is time for me to initiate a love affair with:
- My Body, AS IT IS
- My Body, as it can be, AND
- My WORLD. The Wonder, The Horror, and the Reality.
The best advice I received, and one that anyone intending to lose weight should heed, is always follow your Doctor’s recommendation. Never begin a weight loss program until after you complete and obtain the results of a full physical by your medical team.
I will try anything, including:
- Change my diet
- Stop drinking soda (but I love the zazz of Jamaican Ginger Beer)
- Get more exercise
- Make a Meal Plan (BORING!)
- Take supplements
- Join a support group
- Drink Water (BLEHHHHHH)
- Explore rituals to ward off fat growing curses (Interesting)
- Get in touch with nature
- Dance and Move – Anyway, Anyhow